Monday, February 28, 2011

Wedding Dress Body

I had my weigh-in after six months of winter hibernation and discovered that I've put back on 12 of my 65 pounds lost. [sigh] (see Wedding Dress Body )

I took my "before" picture. *yikes* The good news? It's all down hill from here!

I'm going to begin my journey toward my Wedding Dress Body with a little Spring Cleaning. I am starting a modified version of The Master Cleanse. (Drinking only a "lemonade" drink made with lemons, maple syrup, water and a dash of cayenne). It should give me the jump-start and motivation I need to get this ball rolling. I'm thinking of doing it for about two weeks.

My modifications:
  1. Add powdered chlorella and spirulina to the "lemonade" for extra protein, etc. 
  2. Start the day with a liver tonic (whole lemon with peel, olive oil, cayenne and water in blender, strain and drink)
  3. Add supplements- fish oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, milk thistle (and because I tend toward hypothyroid I also take an iodine/potassium supplement, a thyroid glandular and an adrenal supplement)
  4. Drink a quart of my "Jammy Juice" (recipe below) each day
  5. Don't go overboard with exercise just yet. (whew!) Half hour to 45 min. of sweating-either dancing or treadmill
I may make other adjustments as I go. I'll have to quit my coffee and tea drinking! I'll do that over several days as I am a wimp when it comes to the caffeine withdrawal headache. I'm just glad I'm already drinking mostly decaf coffee...


Jammy Juice:
  • 5 Tbsp. whole chia seed
  • 1/4-1/2 cup of Just Cranberry (unsweetened cranberry juice concentrate)
  • 1 Tbsp. pomegranate powder
  • 1 Tbsp. goji powder
  • 1 Tbsp. acai powder
  • 1tsp. beet root powder 
  • 2 tsp. agave syrup
  • 1 qt. water (I make it in a one qt. canning jar with lid)
This makes a yummy, thickish drink that looks like a jar of raspberry jam!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, and the fresh juices--I almost forgot! Carrot-apple-ginger to start.... I use my trusty Juiceman Juicer--

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile, every feakin' time I read your blogs! You can do it, Sara!!I'm cheering for you from San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete