Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Wedding Countdown Begins!

D and I first got together in the Spring of 1996 after our marriages (17 years each!) had broken up. So that means that this Spring, we will have been together for 15 years!

Not one to rush things, (LOL!) D proposed to me a couple of years ago while we were on a birthday trip to Scotland.

We were sprawled on the bed in the hotel room. I had just received a manicure and he was admiring my shiny red nails. “Let me see your ring for a second,” he said. Sliding the silver pentacle from my ring finger, he rolled it around in his hand and then casually slid it over the end of his middle finger. He seemed to be studying it as it sat wedged against his first knuckle. I had to wonder whether he was checking out the size of my ring. I dared not ask.

Over the years I have become reluctant to bring up the “M” word, as Marriage doesn’t seem to be part of D’s vocabulary...

We have set the date for our wedding on August 31, 2012 at 7pm,  the first night of the next Blue Moon! (Blue Moon=the second full moon in the same month) We figured that was about how often we get married...Once in a Blue Moon!


I heard somewhere that "well-organized" types will start planning their wedding about 18 months before the event. Eager to experience what it must feel like to be "well-organized", I am leaping at the chance to get started! I've decided to begin this blog to track the next 550 days preceding Our Event.

As the Romance Goddess, encourager and creatrix of All Things Romantic, I thought it might be helpful (and interesting?) to document the adventure. My goal is to create the Most Romantic Wedding Adventure possible. Will you follow along?

Although this is my second wedding, and it may have some similarities to my first (garden wedding)...this should be a VERY different sort of event! My first wedding was a colorful backyard hippie wedding. I made my own floral wedding dress and arranged my own bridal bouquet and floral hairpiece after going to the San Francisco Flower Market to buy my flowers at 4am of my wedding day! Although we partied for three days, we never did get around to having a honeymoon.

D was married in Vegas with just close family attending,  no honeymoon either--Say no more!

We have more expansive plans for our Second Time around! Stay tuned for more details...

2 comments:

  1. With every year that has gone by since you got together I feel more blessed to be a part of the family and I could never thank you enough for all that you both have done for me. Congratulations on beginning the next phase of your blissful lives together and I not only hope but am undoubtedly assured that it will be full of prosperous wealth, splendid health and an abundance of happiness.

    With much love and admiration,
    ~Reilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Reills! Thanks so much for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete